PostDoc Research Scientist: Material Science and Engineering
PostDoc Research Scientist (Ref. No. 181126) at the Material Science and Engineering Dept., Boise State University.
Number of fellowships: Two (2) full-time openings are available.
The Nucleic Acid Memory Institute, within the Micron School of Materials Science and Engineering (MSMSE) at Boise State University, is looking for multiple postdoc research scientists with strong experimental, analytical, and/or computational skills in the area of DNA nanotechnology. The postdoc research scientists will be integral members of a multidisciplinary research team dedicated to becoming global leaders in the research, development, and education of nucleic acid memory (NAM).
Essential Duties and Responsibilities Include:
Specifically, we are seeking postdoc scientists that have a strong publication record demonstrating the ability to perform one or more of the following:
- design nucleic acid sequences using state-of-the-art computational and simulation tools,
- design and build computational tools that facilitate the design and optimization of DNA nanostructures for information storage and other purposes,
- design, build, and validate genomic DNA using synthetic biology approaches,
- design, synthesize, and characterize DNA nanostructures,
- identify, purify, and extract nucleic acids and DNA nanostructures using agarose gel electrophoresis and/or ultracentrifugation,
- characterize DNA nanostructures using atomic force microscopy in fluid,
- characterize DNA nanostructures using DNA-PAINT (Exchange-PAINT) super-resolution microscopy,
- characterize nucleic acid and DNA nanostructure hybridization and invasion reaction kinetics using fluorescence and/or absorption spectroscopy.
Required Minimum Qualifications:
- Doctoral degree in biophysics, materials science, computer science, molecular biology, biomedical engineering
- Extensive research experience in DNA nanotechnology are highly encouraged to apply.
Application Instructions: Qualified applicants should upload to their online application in a single PDF document:
- a one-page cover letter
- a one-page statement of research interests
- curriculum vitae
- information for at least three professional references
Review of applications will begin immediately and will continue until the positions are filled.
Salary and benefits: Salary commensurate with experience and education. Total compensation will also include an excellent benefits package.
|Organization||Boise State University|
|Subject areas||biophysics, materials science, computer science, molecular biology, biomedical engineering|
|Fellowship amount||R180 000 per annum|
|Deadline||Open until filled|