The University of Helsinki invites applications for a Postdoctoral Researcher in Comparative genomics, Bioinformatics, Symbiosis, Microbiome, Insects at the Organismal and Evolutionary Research Program. The project is in collaboration with Uppsala University, Sweden and it is a fully funded 2-year postdoc position. The position is available in the group of Dr. Anne DUPLOUY, starting as soon as possible, no later than May 2021. Position is currently funded for 2 years, with potential extension for up to an extra year.
About the project:
- The aim of the project is to investigate genomic patterns of evolution in maternally inherited symbionts that have transferred horizontally, and showed the ability to established in naive hosts.
- The postdoc will utilize genomic assemblies of diverse microbial endosymbionts of Lepidoptera to conduct comparative genomic studies.
- The tasks of the postdoc will include bioinformatic analysis of DNA and RNA-seq data and writing of manuscripts.
- Additional duties such as preparing DNA extractions for additional sequencing from available material, microinjection, microscopy, cell culture and insect rearing, might also be completed depending on the interests of the chosen candidate.
- For this position experience in analyses of next-generation sequencing data is necessary.
- Candidate must hold PhD degree in Evolutionary Biology, Genetics/Genomics or Bioinformatics.
Apply online and the application should include the following attachments as a single pdf-file (in English):
- a short statement on your background and motivation to join the research group
- list of publications (preprints included and quick description of your contributions to the works)
- the names and contact details of at least two references.
|Organization||University of Helsinki|
|Subject areas||Evolutionary Biology, Genetics, Genomics, Bioinformatics.|
|Eligibility||Open to all nationalities|
|Deadline||February 15th, 2021|