Japan Agency for Marine-Earth Science and Technology (JAMSTEC) is recruiting one position as a Postdoctoral Researcher (AGP21-003) at Environmental Geochemical Cycle Research Group (EGCR), Earth Surface System Research Center (ESS), Research Institute for Global Change (RIGC). The position is available in research project entitled “Development of a multi-scale greenhouse gas (GHG) budget estimation system in Japan (FY2021-2023),” supported by the Ministry of Environment (MoE). The successful applicant will contribute to the recently adapted S-II-8 research program, Sub-Theme 2-2 “Top-down approach to understand global and regional GHG budgets (P.I.: Prabir Patra)”.
Role and responsibilities:
- Advanced use of the Atmospheric Chemistry–Transport Model (ACTM) based on JAMSTEC’s MIROC, as well as JAMSTEC’s atmospheric general circulation model for GHG (mainly CO2) simulation.
- Analysis of surface CO2 exchange and atmospheric transport, and use of satellite and in situ observations to investigate GHG cycling.
- Information exchange with the JAMSTEC Earth System Modelling group to improve our understanding of climate–biogeochemical cycle feedbacks in historical simulations.
- Environmental Science
- Atmospheric Chemistry
- Climate Science
- Aerosol Science
- Applicants are required to have been awarded or expect to have obtained a Ph.D. in a related field by the effective date of employment. In addition, for the post-doctoral position, no more than 5 years can have passed between the last day of the fiscal year in which the applicants obtained a Ph.D. and the effective date of employment.(i.e., applicants who earned a Ph.D. after April 2016 are eligible.)
Submit all required documents and that all documents fully completed via email to : email@example.com:
- Valid E-mail and home address must be provided.
- Summary of your research (1 page)
- Research plan for the project (1 page)
- Publication (achievement) list including thesis titles.
- List of competitive research funds awarded to the applicant.
- Two (or fewer) representative publications in PDF formats.
Quote “ESS GHG AGP21-003” in the subject line.
Japan Agency for Marine-Earth Science and Technology (JAMSTEC)
Environmental Science, Atmospheric Chemistry, Geophysics, Climate Science, Aerosol Science, Statistics, Biogeochemistry
|Eligibility||Open to all nationalities|
|Deadline||May 10, 2021|