PostDoc Researcher: McGill University, Canada.
PostDoc Researcher for computational genomics applied to drug discovery and development (Mooser) McGill University, Canada.
The Canada Excellence Research Chair (CERC) in Genomic Medicine is a major strategic initiative at McGill University. CERC is a fast-growing and highly interactive team of internationally recognized researchers whose goal is to accelerate the use of genomics in drug discovery and development through collecting and analyzing whole genome sequencing (WGS), whole exome sequencing (WES) and other omics data from thousands of richly phenotyped individuals.
Department is seeking a talented Postdoctoral Fellow who will carry out cutting edge research into the novel methods and computationally efficient software tools for genomic data analyses applied to the identification and validation of pharmaceutical targets and drug repositioning.
- Novel cost-effective sequencing technology to assess rare genetic variations across a large number of individuals from Quebec.
- In-house sequencing data, CERC has access to large data collections through multiple collaborations, resulting in terabytes of ready-to-analyze genetic data.
- Phenotypic information and targeted -omics data generation.
- Enrich its novel sequencing technology and to tackle related big data problems, CERC team needs to develop novel methods and tools for downstream analyses.
- Explore the intersections between human genomics at large and the “druggable genome”.
- Development due to efficacy or safety issue could be repositioned by targeting specific patient populations whose genetic make-up may make them more prone to positively respond to the drug and/or less susceptible to adverse reactions.
- Results will be applied in many disease areas and therapeutic approaches.
A successful candidate must have a PhD in molecular genetics, computational biology, bioinformatics, or related fields.
Fellowship: $43, 000 plus benefits
Hours per Week: 35 (Full time)
|Organization||Mc Gill University|
|Fellowship Level||Post Doctoral|
|Subject areas||Genomic Data Analyses (Molecular Genetics, Computational Biology, Bioinformatics)|
|Fellowship amount||AMURE Fellowship: $34,611|
|Eligibility||Ph.D. in psychology, nursing, or other health/social science|
|Deadline||Open until filled|