The Informatics Institute invites applications for a postdoctoral researcher in Search Engine and Language Technology. The position will be under the guidance of Prof. Maarten de Rijke.
- Applicants must hold MSc or PhD in Computer Science and/or closely related areas like Artificial Intelligence, Computational Linguistics, Engineering, Mathematics, Statistics, all with a strong emphasis on Computer Science.
- Applicant must have prior work/research experience with unstructured data and data modeling
- Applicant must have excellent coding skills and at least 3 years of programming experience in either C, C++, or Java and in either Python, Perl or PHP; object-oriented programming skills; strong background in software development, including testing and debugging;
- Applicant must have experience in working independently and as part of a team
- Applicant must possess excellent communication skills (verbal and written)
Duration: temporary appointment; full-time (38 hours a week) for 2 years (including a probation period of two months).
Value: monthly salary from €2,552- €4,028 (scale 10)
- Applications may be submitted via email@example.com
- In order to process application immediately, cite vacancy number 16-616 and the position applying for in the subject-line.
- Applications must include: CV, Motivation letter with list of projects applicant has worked on with brief descriptions of the contributions and the names and contact addresses of 2 (preferably academic) references
- All files to be grouped in one PDF attachment
|Organization||University of Amsterdam (UvA)|
Information Science, Computer Science, Mathematics
|Fellowship amount||Monthly salary|
|Eligibility||Open to all nationalities|
|Deadline||2 January 2017|
For Further Details: Click