One Postdoc Scholarship in Nanotechnology at SRM Institute of Science and Technology, Chennai, India.
SRMIST is NAAC accredited A++ highly rated deemed University. Apart from teaching programs, it hosts strong research activities and culture supported by ample Government and Industry funded projects. There are several Centres of Excellence including one in Nanotechnology.
Applications are invited from highly motivated candidates who are passionate about research and aim successful career in it. The research work will be related to the patterning of materials, developing setups for nano-object manipulation, electronic device integration, etc. You will be able to gain experience in handling novel nanomaterials such as 2D materials, quantum dots, nanoinks, organic and inorganic nanowires, etc. The researcher will be working in a vibrant and interdisciplinary group of Dr. Abhay Sagade, Associate Professor (Research), Department of Physics and Nanotechnology.
- Two years SRMIST Postdoc-Fellowship.
- Cutting-edge research topics in experimental nanofabrication and nanoengineering.
- Opportunity to work and visit several national and international institutions to develop in-depth knowledge and skills.
- To learn to write funding proposals and high-impact research articles.
- On-campus hostel facility with necessary amenities for sports, food and entertainment.
- To present your research work in international conferences and workshops.
- Mentoring young minds from basic sciences and engineering degrees.
- A Ph.D. in experimental Physics or Electronics related to Nanotechnology/Materials Science/Solid State Physics/Condensed Matter Physics/Electronics and Electrical Engineering. Any skills in MATLAB, device simulations, Python, etc. will be given preference.
- First Class or equivalent in both Bachelor’s (B.Sc./BS/B.Tech.) and Master’s degrees (M.Sc./MS/M.Tech.) in above-mentioned subjects.
- Those who have submitted their Ph.D. thesis and waiting for the Viva-Voce examination are also eligible to apply.
How To Apply
For more clarification and information, the applicant may contact Dr. Abhay Sagade (email@example.com). In an Email you can write/attach:
- A one-page summary of Ph.D. work outcome and importance
- A short cover letter (less than 2 pages which contain research experience, plan, and skills)
- Curriculum Vitae (academic details of years of passing, grades, academic activities, prizes, awards, etc.)
Note: Do not send any academic certificates by email.
|Subject areas||Physics, Nanoelectronics, Condensed Matter Physics, Materials Science, Electronics Engineering|
|Eligibility||Open to Indian nationals|