Postdoc Scholarship, Experimental Low-dimensional Physics: SRM Institute
One Postdoctoral Researcher in Experimental Low-dimensional Physics at SRM Institute of Science and Technology, Chennai, India
Applications are invited from highly motivated candidates who are passionate about research and aim successful career in it. The applicant will be applying for SERB National Post Doctoral Fellowship (N-PDF).
Reserch Areas: The research work will be related to nanoscale device fabrication, patterning of materials, nanowires, semiconductor device physics, flexible electronics for various electronic applications such as sensors, memory devices, etc. The researcher will be able to gain experience in handling novel nanomaterials such as 2D materials, quantum dots, nanoinks, organic and inorganic nanowires, etc. The position is available in a vibrant and interdisciplinary group of Dr Abhay Sagade, Associate Professor (Research) at the Department of Physics.
- Two years N-PDF to pursue research work at world-class University.
- Cutting-edge research topics in experimental nanoscale electronic devices.
- Publishing research articles in high impact journals.
- Opportunity to work and visit several national and international institutions to develop in-depth knowledge and skills. To take part in exchange programs.
- On-campus hostel facility with necessary amenities for sports, food and entertainment.
- To present your research work in international conferences and workshops.
Job Requirements / Qualifications
- The applicant should be an Indian citizen.
- PhD in Physics or Electronics, Nanotechnology/Materials Science with specialization in Solid State Physics/Condensed Matter Physics/Electrical Engineering. First Class or equivalent in both Bachelor’s (B.Sc./BS/B.Tech.) and Master’s (M.Sc./MS/M.Tech.) degrees. NOTE, ANY DISCIPLINES OTHER THAN MENTIONED HERE WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED.
- Those who have submitted PhD thesis and are awaiting award of the degree are also eligible to apply. However, such candidates, if selected, will be offered lower fellowship amount till they qualify the eligible degree.
- The applicant must have obtained MASTER’S DEGREE AFTER 2014 and published AT LEAST 4 FIRST AUTHOR publications in reputed journals of relevant research field
- The successful candidate is expected to use existing equipment, build new facilities, and develop novel skills in nanostructured materials synthesis, device fabrications, electrical measurements, and scientific publications in peer-reviewed papers & patents.
- The upper age limit for the fellowship is 35 years at the time of the submission of application.
Deadline: Last Date of Application is 31st March 2021
How To Apply
For more clarification and information, the applicant may contact Dr. Abhay Sagade (firstname.lastname@example.org). THE APPLICATION SHOULD BE IN A PRESCRIBED FORMAT GIVEN HERE. The Email should have following attachments:
- A cover letter (strictly less than 2 pages which contains Master thesis research experience, skills and motivation to join the group), and
- Curriculum Vitae (academic details of years of passing, subjects, percentage/grades, academic activities, prizes, awards, software skills, etc.).
Note: Do not send any academic certificates by email.
|Subject areas||Physics, Nanoelectronics, Condensed Matter Physics, Materials Science, Electronics Engineering|
|Eligibility||Open to Indian nationals|
|Deadline||31st March 2021|