Postdoc or Scientist Physics, Chemistry or Material science at the Institute of Nanotechnology (INT)
As part of the Excellence Cluster ‘Energy Storage Beyond Lithium’ you will be responsible to implement the characterization of interface structures, solid-state reaction mechanisms and kinetics between solid electrolytes and electrodes in post-lithium batteries using in-situ TEM techniques.
Two state-of-the-art aberration corrected TEMs, a FIB with an inert-transfer system and the necessary in-situ setup will be available for the high-end characterization.
To enable a direct comparison between bulk and in-situ battery studies, you will set up a sputter deposition system to simultaneously prepare bulk thin batteries and deposite micron-sized thin film batteries for in-situ TEM studies in close collaboration with the group of Prof. Janek.
- University degree (diploma (uni)/master) in the field of physics, chemistry or material science with a PhD
- Experience in in-situ electron microscopy.
- Good knowledge of the physical principles and practical experience in focused ion beam microscopy and spectroscopy, in transmission electron microscopy and spectroscopy for solid state structural characterization
- Basic knowledge of batteries and battery materials are required.
- Experience in handling air sensitive materials, analytical abilities to solve complex physical and technical problems
- Good oral and written English language skills are essential.
- Experience in sputter deposition techniques, in designing deposition and MEMS setups and in data management for microscopy & spectroscopy are desirable.
Contract duration: limited to 3 years
Please apply online using the button below for this vacancy number 75/2019
|Organization||Institute of Nanotechnology (INT)|
|Fellowship Level||Postdoctoral, Scientist|
|Subject areas||Physics, Chemistry, Material science|
|Fellowship amount||As per norms|
|Eligibility||Master’s (Open for international students)|