The role of Head of Computational Drug Design has a high-level responsibility to drive a “predict-first” culture, where computational predictions drive experimental execution in chemistry, biology and protein sciences, ultimately initiating selection of the best molecules to treat transformative diseases and the understanding of its biological interactions.
About the position:
In addition to providing scientific and technical leadership you will provide thought leadership to deliver and maintain a world class, global drug design team that drives innovation and leads scientists to rapidly generate testable hypotheses to identify and advance safe and efficacious molecules with fewer and shorter cycle times.
- Vertex is committed to equal employment opportunity and non-discrimination for all employees and qualified applicants without regard to a person’s race, colour, sex, gender identity or expression, age, religion, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, marital status, or any characteristic protected under applicable law.
- Vertex is an E-Verify Employer in the United States.
- PhD degree or equivalent in a STEM discipline or other relevant field and 12+yrs of relevant experience
- Recognized subject matter expert in Computational Drug Design
- Ability to inspire and improve the performance of a global department
- Demonstrate effective interpersonal, communications and negotiation skills for a wide variety of audiences, including senior management.
How to apply:
- Any applicant requiring an accommodation in connection with the hiring process and/or to perform the essential functions of the position for which the applicant has applied should make a request to the recruiter or hiring manager, or contact Talent Acquisition at ApplicationAssistance@vrtx.com.
|Type of position||postdoctoral|
|Subject areas||chemistry, biology|