The Physics and Chemistry of Materials group (T-1) at Los Alamos National Laboratory is seeking qualified applicants for postdoctoral positions.
About the position:
- The applicant will be expected to perform outstanding research at the intersection of machine learning, theoretical chemistry, and physics.
- The members of the T-1 group, who would sponsor the postdoctoral associate, are experts in theory and simulation of materials using a wide range of techniques, as well as data science.
- The Physics and Chemistry of Materials group seeks to understand how basic forces operating at the atomic level manifest themselves in the properties of matter at the macroscopic level.
- Specifically, the research performed by the applicant will focus on the construction of high accuracy machine learning based interatomic potentials, critical for performing large simulations on both chemical and materials systems.
- Training data for these potentials will be a combination of quantum mechanics simulations of varying methods and accuracy as well as customized experiments.
- To accomplish this goal, this research will provide opportunities to collaborate with experimentalists at facilities such as the Linac Coherent Light Source and guide their experiments to produce new datasets useful to machine learning applications.
- A PhD in Physics, Chemistry, Materials Science, Computer Science, or related fields, completed within the last five years or soon to be completed.
How to Apply:
- Apply online and For more information about the Postdoc Program, go to https://www.lanl.gov/careers/career-options/postdoctoral-research/index.php .
|Name of the orgination||Los Alamos National Laboratory|
|Subject||Physics, Chemistry, Materials Science, Computer Science|