The School of Chemistry Food & Pharmacy at University of Reading has opening for a Postdoctoral Assistant in Food and Sensory Science in the BBSRC funded project ‘Derisking the commercial opportunities associated with novel omega-3 foodstuffs.
About the position:
- This 2-year project is led by Rothamsted Research, collaborating with University of Reading and University of Southampton.
- The postdoctoral researcher will be responsible for developing a range of widely consumed products fortified with Camelina seed oil to determine their suitability for fortification.
- They will also be responsible for testing candidate foods for consumer acceptability, primarily taste and texture, and stability compared to current commercial products.
- This role is offered on a full-time basis for up to two years.
- Applicant must hold PhD in an appropriate area related to food and sensory sciences
- The skills and knowledge required to carry out a diverse range of activities within food product development
- The skills and knowledge to work within in a food processing pilot plant environment according to good manufacturing practice
- The skills and knowledge to design and lead sensory and consumer science evaluation trials
- Excellent skills in data management and statistics
- Experience in working within multidisciplinary project with a wide range of partners
- Experience of writing research papers
How to apply:
|Organization||University of Reading|
|Subject areas||Chemistry, Food Technology|
|Deadline||25th October 2021|