The department of Food and Nutrition at University of Helsinki is a collaborator in an EU funded project “Healthy Food Africa”, and the project PI is University lecturer Hanna Koivula and is inviting applications for a Postdoctoral/Doctoral Researcher in Food Packaging.
Duration: fixed-term 1 year contract
Starting date: 1.12.2020 but can be negotiated
About the project:
- The project focuses in increasing the efficiency of agri-food chains and improving food safety through the development of innovative post-harvest innovations, packaging, new technologies and the minimization of food waste.
- Sustainability, collaboration and communication across the food value chain are the core of the project.
- Candidate must be highly motivated and skilled researcher with preferably a PhD or MSc degree in Food Sciences, Chemical Engineering, Physical Chemistry, or other related fields.
- The postdoctoral researcher or doctoral student are expected to contribute to research on in Healthy Food Africa project, in analysis and creation of increased value and sustainability in food systems through improved processing and packaging.
- Applicant must have experience in materials sciences/technologies (a doctoral degree for the postdoctoral researcher position or a master’s degree for the doctoral student position).
- Knowledge of physicochemical methods and practices used to characterize and evaluate food packaging functionality and safety is an advantage.
- Fluency in English and excellent writing and communication skills.
How to apply:
Apply online and compile all documents as a single pdf file:
- A curriculum vitae, clearly indicating type and level of qualifications.
- A list of publications (postdoctoral applicants should indicate three most important publications to be considered for the position).
- A statement (max 1 page) explaining the applicant’s motivation to apply for the position and how his/her expertise would productively contribute to research on intergenerational effects in criminology.
- Names and contact details of people possibly providing references.
- Additionally, for the position of postdoctoral researcher:
- A summary (max. 2 pages) of the applicant’s scholarly activities including: summary of previous original research, academic networks and collaboration, disciplinary and interdisciplinary activities, success in obtaining research funding, and other relevant details.
|Organization||University of Helsinki|
Food Sciences, Chemical Engineering, Physical Chemistry
|Eligibility||Open to all nationalities|
|Deadline||12th October, 2020|