The European Molecular Biology Laboratory (EMBL-EBI) Hinxton near Cambridge, UK are looking for a postdoctoral fellow with a strong computational background and interest in quantitative trait analysis to join the Birney research group to work on a new ERC funded project in collaboration with the University of Heidelberg – IndiGene.
Role and responsibilities:
- A major part of this work is the analysis of complex phenotyping measurements for genetic association testing.
- The optimization and/or development of reliable image processing methods for extracting robust measurements from high resolution, complex imaging datasets will be required.
- These imaging assay types include: CT-scans of whole adult fish, high-resolution/high-throughput embryo imaging and complex free-swimming videos.
- There will also be a need for detailed experimental protocols to be designed and agreed with laboratory staff, maintaining the essential link between experimental work and computational analysis.
- Developing well planned experimental designs for large-scale phenotyping assays and analysis is an important part of the role.
- Applicant must hold PhD degree in Bioinformatics, Physics, Computer Science, or related fields and will have a proven track record in computational data analysis.
- Applicant should be skilled at developing software in a Unix-based environment as well as having an awareness of good computational practices and experimental design.
- Knowledge of current machine learning based methods would be beneficial. Experience in database design and implementation is not required but would be considered as an advantage.
- Apply online and submit a covering letter and CV.
|Organization||European Molecular Biology Laboratory (EMBL)|
|Subject areas||Bioinformatics, Physics, Computer Science|
|Eligibility||Open to all nationalities|
|Deadline||6 November 2020|
- Total Jobs 33 Jobs
- Address Germany