The European Molecular Biology Laboratory (EMBL) Rome, EMBL EBI (Hinxton) and the Italian Institute of Technology is jointly offering a postdoctoral programme (Reference number: RM00098).
About the programme:
- Successful ETPOD postdocs will be awarded a 3-year fellowship to work on a joint project between a group at IIT and a group either at EMBL Rome or EMBL EBI.
- The postdoctoral fellowships will be awarded in 2021, to start as soon as possible. Fellowships typically begin before the end of the year, but the start date may be delayed with the agreement of the group leaders.
- The initial contract is for a period of 3 years with the possibility of a fixed-term extension.
- Applicants must hold a doctoral degree (PhD, MD, or DPhil), and should ideally have less than 8 years of research experience since the doctoral degree (excluding absences taken for parental leave or health reasons).
- Investigating the role of ancestral metabolism and circadian clock on transgenerational inheritance – Ana Boskovic (EMBL Rome) and Valter Tucci (IIT)
- Characterisation of the landscape of CD44 isoform expression and its role in modulating cell function in triple negative breast cancer (TNBC) – Evangelia Petsalaki (EMBL-EBI) and Nicola Tirelli (IIT Genova)
- Pre-emptive aptamer design using SARS-CoV-2 evolution to inform epitope selection – Nick Goldman (EMBL-EBI), Gian Gaetano Tartaglia (IIT Genova), and Michele Vendruscolo (University of Cambridge)
- An epigenetic investigation into the role of genomic imprinting in sleep biology – Valter Tucci (IIT – Genova) and Thomas Keane (EMBL – EBI)
- Oxytocin-Cannabinoids Cross-Talk in the Social Gut-Brain-Axis – Francesco Papaleo (IIT), Rob Finn (EMBL-EBI), and Jamie Hackett (EMBL Rome)
- A system for the anterograde tracing of synaptic connection in mammals – Velia Siciliano (IIT) and Santiago Rompani (EMBL)
Apply online and applications should consist of:
- A cover letter specifying the title of project (self-proposed or pre-defined)
- Curriculum Vitae (5 pages max)
- A project description (max 1 page)
- Two recent letters of reference
|Organization||European Molecular Biology Laboratory (EMBL)|
|Subject areas||Neuroscience, Nanotechnology, Robotics|
|Eligibility||Open to all nationalities|
|Deadline||August 31, 2021|
- Total Jobs 40 Jobs
- Address Germany