The University of British Columbia (UBC) is looking for a motivated and solution-oriented postdoctoral fellow to work on 5G and Drones for at Mérida Labs. The project is in partnership with Indro Robotics, Rogers, Canada Post and London Drugs.
About the position:
- As the team leader of 5G connectivity, the candidate will have the opportunity to develop this line of research.
- The first task will be to work with the partners Indro Robotics and Rogers to further develop these technologies.
- The selected candidate will support and mentor student teams and will work towards expanding the relationship and the research goals.
- The fellowship will be for a one-year appointment, renewable, subject to a performance assessment.
- In addition to communication, project management, and technical writing skills, a suitable candidate for the upcoming program at the University of British Columbia should have technical experience in some of the following areas of study (ranked in order of importance):
- Cellular technologies including 5G
- Cloud architecture, AWS and /or Azure
- IOT implementation, MQTT
- Fibre-optics and wireless systems
- Integration of network devices into mobile systems
- Network data packet tracing
- Computer-based local-area networks
- High-speed Internet technologies
- Embedded Systems
- Integration including experience with Linux deployed on single board computers, ideally Nvidia systems, edge processing
- Programming microprocessors
- Remotely Piloted Aircraft Systems
- Communications and control systems
- Firmware deployment on flight controllers or use of SDKs for remotely piloted aircraft systems.
- Power distribution systems for RPAS
- Signals and systems experience
- RF engineering, antenna design
- Digital signal processing, including Software Defined Radio
- Programming (multiple languages)
- Experience in GUI Design, Analytics, Databases (SQL), Web development and experience working with APIs, such as for map integration
- Experience in scripting for Geographic Information Systems (GIS) applications
- Computer programming for robotics
- Docker and Container deployment
- Candidates with a PhD in Computer Engineering, Physics, Electronics, Electrical Engineering, Communication Technologies or related field completed within the last 3 years are encouraged to apply.
Applications must include a cover letter, curriculum vitae and names and contact information of three references and can be submitted to Dr Omar Herrera at firstname.lastname@example.org with reference number PDFO-54473.
|Organization||University of British Columbia (UBC|
Computer Engineering, Physics, Electronics, Electrical Engineering, Communication Technologies
|Eligibility||Open to all nationalities|
|Deadline||30 November 2020|