The Department of Structural Engineering at Norwegian University of Science and Technology (NTNU) has a vacancy for a Postdoctoral Fellow in Biomechanics for two and a half year (2.5) available at the research group Biomechanics.
About the position:
- The position is associated with the Frinatek project VirtuOSA: virtual surgery in the upper airways – new solutions to obstructive sleep apnea treatment.
- The project is funded by the Research Council of Norway. The project is a joint effort between solid mechanics (one Postdoctoral Fellow, this position), fluid mechanics (one PhD candidate), and medicine (one Postdoctoral Fellow, ear nose throat surgery).
- A postdoctoral research fellowship is a qualification position in which the main objective is qualification for work in academic positions.
- Applicant must have completed a Norwegian doctoral degree in solid mechanics, structural mechanics, computational mechanics or a corresponding foreign doctoral degree recognized as equivalent to a Norwegian doctoral degree is required.
- Applicant should be fluent in English (spoken and written). Applicants from non-English speaking countries outside Europe must document English skills (TOEFL, IELTS, CAE or CPE).
- Applicant with background in biomechanics, structural mechanics, experimental mechanics, computational mechanics or similar would have an advantage.
- A strong background in nonlinear finite element methods.
Apply online and the application must include:
- CV, certificates and diplomas
- Research plan or project proposal
- Academic works – published or unpublished – that you would like to be considered in the assessment (up to 3 works)
- Name and address of three referees
|Organization||Norwegian University of Science and Technology (NTNU)|
|Subject areas||Solid Mechanics, Structural Mechanics, Computational Mechanics|
|Eligibility||Open to all nationalities|
|Deadline||31st July 2020|
- Total Jobs 18 Jobs
- Address Norway