The Cortes-Ciriano group at European Molecular Biology Laboratory (EMBL-EBI), Hinxton near Cambridge, UK studies the mutational processes and mechanisms of genome instability underpinning tumorigenesis, immune escape, and drug response through the analysis of multi-omic, high-throughput data of tumors and pre-clinical models. Applications are invited for a Postdoctoral Fellow position in the field of cancer genomics.
About the position:
- The candidate must be intrinsically motivated, talented, and hypothesis-driven individual with experience in analyzing high-throughput sequencing data sets.
- This position is an excellent opportunity for individuals looking to gain in-depth knowledge and expertise in cancer genomics and to develop bioinformatic skills for analyzing and interpreting large genomic data sets.
- The selected candidate will be expected to lead the development of scalable and creative computational solutions for cancer multi-omic data integration.
- Specifically, project will involve developing computational pipelines for analyzing and interpreting Illlumina and Oxford Nanopore sequencing data (bulk and single-cell data) from human tumor samples that our clinical collaborators have collected.
- The results of these analyses will be combined with those obtained by major pan-cancer genome analysis efforts (e.g. PCAWG and Genomics England) in order to inform the design of additional sequencing experiments.
- PhD degree in the Life Sciences (preferably Computational Biology, Statistics, or a similar field)
- Strong analytical and programming skills (preferably in python and R)
- Significant experience in computational genomics (ideally in cancer genomics) as evidenced by publication record
- Demonstrated ability to work both independently and collaboratively with other group members and external collaborators
- Proficient communication skills in both written and spoken English
- Experience in Unix-based environments, high-performance computing and the development of reproducible data analysis pipelines using version control software
- Data science skills, such as visualization of complex data sets
Submit applications online including a covering letter, CV and a list of publications (including pre-prints and manuscripts under review).
|Organization||European Molecular Biology Laboratory (EMBL)|
|Subject areas||Life Sciences, Computational Biology, Statistics|
|Eligibility||Open to all nationalities|
|Deadline||1 October 2020|
- Total Jobs 33 Jobs
- Address Germany