The Department of Biosciences at University of Oslo has open position as Postdoctoral Fellow. The employment period is 2 years. Starting date is as soon as possible.
About the position:
- The successful candidate will work at the University, in close collaboration with partners from other European institutions in the EU JPI-Oceans project RESPONSE, “Toward a risk-based assessment of microplastic pollution in marine ecosystems”.
- Candidate must have a PhD or other corresponding education equivalent to a Norwegian doctoral degree in ecotoxicology or marine ecology.
- Doctoral dissertation must be submitted for evaluation by the closing date. Appointment is dependent on the public defence of the doctoral thesis being approved.
- Candidate should have knowledge of particles in marine ecosystems and experience in experimental studies with marine organisms, preferably sediment-dwelling.
- Experience with effect analyses and risk evaluation is an advantage.
- A good command of English is required.
How to apply:
Apply online and the application must include:
- Application letter
- CV (summarizing education, positions, pedagogical experience, administrative experience and other qualifying activity)
- Copies of educational certificates, transcript of records and letters of recommendation
- A complete list of publications and up to 5 academic works that the applicant wishes to be considered by the evaluation committee
- Names and contact details of 2-3 references (name, relation to candidate, e-mail and telephone number)
|Organization||University of Oslo (UiO)|
|Subject areas||Ecotoxicology/Marine Ecology|
|Eligibility||Open to all nationalities|
|Deadline||16th August 2020|