The European Molecular Biology Laboratory (EMBL) is one of the highest ranked scientific research organisations in the world. The Headquarters Laboratory is located in Heidelberg (Germany), with additional sites in Grenoble (France), Hamburg (Germany), Hinxton (UK) and Monterotondo (Italy).
|European Molecular Biology Laboratory (EMBL)
|31 March 2016
About the Program
Bioinformatician is required to join the Zeller team in the area of metagenomics and human multi-omics data analysis, integration and interpretation. Development of new analytical methods, implement robust software and integrate tools into workflows and service portals. The position is embedded in the context of the German National Bioinformatics Infrastructure Network (de.NBI), of which the Heidelberg Human Bioinformatics (HD-HuB) node is committed to providing human-centered bioinformatics tools and services.
- PhD degree with a technical, methods-oriented focus and with exposure to biological research.
- Programming skills (knowledge of R and / or Python are most valuable) and familiarity with Unix / Bash are essential.
- Developing and Maintaining bioinformatics tools; deploying software.
- Expertise in analyzing microbiome or other high-throughput genomic data is a plus.
- Good communication and organisational skills including written and spoken English are required
- A desire and ability to work well within a team are key to success in this environment.
Register and Apply here: Click