The laboratory for Micro- and Nanotechnology at Paul Scherrer Institute (PSI) is inviting applications for a Postdoctoral Fellow in the framework of a European project on semiconductor devices for quantum communication. The project is Silicon carbide SiC devices fabrication for sensor applications
- Development, fabrication and characterization of X-Ray and particle detectors
- Development of ultrathin and smooth SiC membranes
- Optical, electrical and surface characterization of the integrated devices
- Candidate should have a PhD degree in Science or Engineering.
- Hands-on experience in semiconductor, in particularly SiC processing technology, Atomic Force Microscopy, Scanning Electron Microscopy and scientific computing will be relevant to meet the challenges of the project.
- Knowledge in photonic cavities, semiconductor detectors and power devices would be an asset. You should enjoy working in an interdisciplinary, multinational research environment.
Duration: Employment contract is limited to two years.
- Submit application online including list of publications and addresses of referees for the position as a Postdoctoral Fellow (index no. 6212-00).
|Organization||Paul Scherrer Institute (PSI)|
|Subject areas||Science, Engineering|
|Eligibility||Open to all nationalities|
|Deadline||1 March 2020|