Postdoctoral Fellow – Synthetic and Peptide Chemistry, University Of Alberta
Faculty of Science – Chemistry Department
Reference No.: Competition No. : A104942788
Closing Date : Will remain open until filled.
The laboratories of Professor McMullen (Surgery, Medicine) and Professor Derda (Chemistry) are looking for a full-time position in synthetic chemistry with focus on peptide chemistry. The candidate will be part of the multi-year CIHR-supported program in the development of therapeutic and imaging reagents for thyroid cancer.
Requirements / Qualifications
The ideal candidate possesses:
- A recent PhD in Chemistry or a related discipline
- A strong background in synthetic chemistry with a focus on peptide chemistry
- Prior hands-on experience with aqueous chemistry is essential
- A good publication record
- Excellent organizational and communication skills
- We are looking for a self-motivated individual with a scientific interest in synthetic chemistry.
- Experience in the synthesis, purification and modification of unprotected peptides is desired. Experience with aqueous chemistry and appropriate techniques for purification of polar compounds (HPLC, lyo, speedvac) is required.
Duration: The appointment is for one year, with a possibility of renewal, and the starting date is negotiable.
How To apply:
Please send your updated CV and cover letter including names and the email addresses of three referees directly to Dr. Ratmir Derda by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org Candidates are welcome to contact Prof Derda for further discussion.
|Organization||University of Alberta|
|Subject areas||Synthetic and Peptide Chemistry|
|Fellowship||$50,000/Year plus benefits|
|Eligibility||Open to all nationalities|
|Deadline||Open until filled|