The Department of Chemical and Biological Engineering at the University of British Columbia (UBC) invites applications for a Postdoctoral Fellow (PDF) position supervised by Professors Naoko Ellis, Tony Bi, Robert Legros and Kevin Smith. The PDF will lead an experimental program aimed at the assessment of catalysts and processes for the conversion of synthesis gas to renewable natural gas.
- Applicant must have completed a relevant PhD in Chemical Engineering, catalysis within the last 3 years.
- Applicant must be highly motivated, organized, a good communicator (written and verbal).
- Applicant must have a strong desire to conduct process development research in close collaboration with industry and expertise in assessment, characterization and synthesis of heterogeneous catalysts.
- Experience with high temperature, high pressure fixed-bed reactors used for catalyst assessment, including on-line analytical systems using gas chromatography and mass spectrometry
- Familiarity with laboratory safety protocols when working with hydrogen and carbon monoxide
Duration: This full-time PDF position has an initial 1-year appointment (as per UBC policy for PDFs), with the potential for renewal.
Send CV, cover letter, and contact information of 3 references, addressed to Dr. Junnan Chao at firstname.lastname@example.org.
|Organization||University of British Columbia (UBC)|
|Subject areas||Chemical and Biological Engineering|
|Eligibility||Open to all nationalities|
|Deadline||May 1st, 2021|