The Department of Microbiology (College of Arts and Sciences) at Ohio State University is seeking a Postdoctoral Researcher to join the team.
About the position:
- Assist the Jouline lab by using bioinformatics and evolutionary biology approaches to study various aspects of signal transduction from bacteria to humans;
- Primary focus on further development of our Microbial Signal Transduction (MiST) database (mistdb.com) and other computational tools, including predictors of consequences of missense mutations in human genes;
- assist with writing publications; present at conferences; mentor undergraduate and graduate students.
- Strong organizational, analytical, problem-solving and communication skills are required.
- Desired Major: Computational Biology; experience with databases (PostgreSQL), Node.js/Express.js and Angular; a candidate interested in MiST development is desired.
Apply online with the following required documents:
- Cover Letter
- Curriculum Vitae
|Organization||Ohio State University|
|Subject areas||Microbiology, Computer, Information Science, Bioinformatics|
|Deadline||1st July 2019|