The Department of Technology Systems at the University of Oslo (UiO) is offering a Postdoctoral Research Fellow position in Materials Science and Mineralogy. The appointment is a fulltime position for a period of two years. Preferred starting date is 01.10.2021, but no later than 01.01.2022.
About the position:
- The position is associated with the project NATSORB (Dypingite – A superior NATural SORBent for management of heavy metal water pollution?) funded by the Research Council of Norway.
- The project is owned and coordinated by the Natural History Museum (NHM) at the University of Oslo (UiO)
- The focus of this postdoctoral position is the structural characterization of natural and synthetic dypingite and related Mg-carbonate materials.
- The structural characterization will rely mainly on powder diffraction techniques.
- These experiments will be supplemented by spectroscopy measurements to understand long- and short-range structural features of the materials.
- Application must have PhD or a degree equivalent to a Norwegian doctoral degree, preferably in materials science, inorganic chemistry, crystallography or mineralogy/geology
- Solid scientific background in materials science and documented research experience with structural characterization techniques, in particular powder X-ray/neutron diffraction methods
- Proven ability of solving material crystal structures based on powder X-ray and/or neutron diffraction data
- Acquaintance with solid-state and/or wet-chemical synthesis methods
- Documented research experience with inorganic chemical compounds (e.g., carbonates, oxides, etc.)
- Fluent oral and written communication/presentation skills in English
Apply online and the application must include:
- Cover letter (statement of motivation, summarizing scientific work performance and research interest relevant for this position)
- CV (summarizing education, positions, any other relevant experience and qualifying activity)
- Copies of educational certificates (academic transcripts)
- A complete list of publications and up to 5 academic works that the applicant wishes to be considered by the evaluation committee
- Names and contact details of 2-3 references (name, relation to candidate, e-mail and telephone number)
|Organization||University of Oslo (UiO)|
Materials Science, Inorganic Chemistry, Crystallography, Mineralogy, Geology
|Eligibility||Open to all nationalities|
|Deadline||3rd August 2021|