The University of Oslo is Norway’s oldest and highest rated institution of research and education with 28000 students and 7000 employees. Its broad range of academic disciplines and internationally esteemed research communities make UiO an important contributor to society.
|Organization||University of Oslo|
|Subject areas||Mathematics, Natural Science|
|Fellowship amount||NOK 483 700 – 560 700)/year|
|Deadline||29 February 2016|
About the Program
The fellowship period is for two years. This position is connected with a research project: Stochastic Conservation Laws (“STOCOLA”), funded by the Research Council of Norway. An overall goal of the project is to develop concepts and techniques for the analysis of random phenomena modeled by nonlinear stochastic partial differential equations with solutions possessing low regularity (mixed hyperbolic-parabolic equations with shock waves).
- PhD or other corresponding education equivalent to a Norwegian doctoral degree, with emphasis on partial differential equations, stochastic analysis, and numerical analysis.
- Good command of English is required.
- Application letter
- CV (summarizing education, positions and academic work – scientific publications)
- Transcript of records
- Letters of Recommendation
- List of publications and academic work
- Documentation of English proficiency
- Names and contact details of 2-3 references (name, relation to candidate, e-mail and telephone number)
Register and Apply here: Click
Professor Kenneth Karlsen
Telephone: +47 22855948