Postdoctoral In Computational Chemistry (Machine Learning/Covid-19 Drug Discovery) at the University of British Columbia (UBC).
The Vancouver Prostate Centre (VPC) has an exceptional opportunity available for a Postdoc Research Fellow in Computational Chemistry (Machine Learning/COVID-19 Drug Discovery) to join Dr. Artem Cherkasov’s research team.
- PhD in Computational Chemistry or Computational Biochemistry.
- Excellent problem solving and communication skills.
- Research experience in developing machine learning methods for life science.
- Strong deep learning programming experience with GPUs.
- Statistical data analysis and database management skills.
- Demonstrated experience using various programming languages including Python, BASH, Perl, AWK, and SVL.
- Well-developed portfolio of open-source software available on GitHub
- Solid background in computational chemistry, biological chemistry, organic chemistry, medicinal chemistry and pharmacokinetics.
- Practical experience in structure-based and ligand-based drug design and compound library design.
- Familiarity with modeling and cheminformatics tools (Molecular Operating Environment (MOE), Schrödinger, OpenEye suite of programs).
Resposibilities / DUTIES
- Work with Dr. Cherkasov and collaborators to develop and/or apply cutting-edge computational approaches–Deep Docking–to screen 50B+ compounds for multiple SARS-CoV-2 viral targets.
- Liaising with collaborators and presenting research findings at international conferences.
- Preparing manuscripts.
- Assisting with the creation of research proposals to be submitted to granting agencies.
Apply for this position, please email email@example.com with subject line Postdoctoral Research Fellow, Cherkasov Lab with the following items attachments:
- Current CV
- cover letter
Deadline: 30 October 2020
|Organization||University of British Columbia (UBC)|
|Subject areas||Computational Chemistry or Computational Biochemistry|
|Eligibility||Open to all nationalities|
|Deadline||30 Octuber 2020|