PostDoctoral: Nanomaterial-Based Sensors, University of Alberta
Post Doctoral researcher position in Nanomaterial-Based Sensors in the field of Chemical and Materials Engineering
Nanomaterials have enabled the development of a variety of highly responsive and sensitive systems for the detection of various chemical elements. We are currently recruiting a post-doctoral fellow to join an interdisciplinary team on the development of optical and electrochemical systems for the detection of opioids. This project is a collaboration between the groups of Drs. Anastasia Elias (Chemical and Materials Engineering) and Jon Veinot (Chemistry).
Selected individual will play an important role in advancing this research, particularly through planning and performing experimental work. This individual will synthesize inorganic nanomaterials and modify their surface with desired receptors, and conduct, chemical and optical characterization of the materials, data analysis, experimental design and manuscript preparation.
- A Ph.D. in Chemistry, Chemical Engineering, Materials Engineering, or a related field.
- Experience in nanoparticle synthesis and characterization is required; skills in electrochemical or optical sensors are advantageous.
- As this is a position for a Postdoctoral Fellowship, Ph.D. must have been awarded in the past three years.
- Applicants who are scheduled to defend their thesis by the end of July 2020 are also invited to apply.
- The selected candidate should have the ability to work both independently and within a team.
- Strong communication skills are desired.
How To Apply:
Send a cover letter, a CV, and one first-author journal publication to Dr. Anastasia Elias. Please mention ‘Nanomaterial-Based Sensors’ in the subject line.
Dr. Anastasia Elias firstname.lastname@example.org
Duration: 2 years
Deadline: Open until filled.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those individuals selected for an interview will be contacted.
Applications are to be made online (See the link below)
|Organization||University of Alberta|
|Subject Area||Chemistry, Chemical Engineering, Materials Engineering|
|Eligibility||Open for all nationalities|
|Deadline||Open until filled|