The Max Planck Institute for Heart and Lung Research has one opening for a Postdoctoral Research Position (m/f/d) and PhD Position (m/f/d) (full-time, limited for 3 Years) in the field of cardiovascular and lung diseases (Ref. Nr. 2020_22). The position is available in the Pullamsetti Group / Lung Vascular Epigenetics Group. The postdoctoral research fellow and a PhD student will be studying transcriptional and epigenetic landscape underlying Pulmonary Hypertension, a chronic lung and cardiovascular disease.
- For both positions, good knowledge of molecular and cellular biology approaches, and biological assays in general is essential.
- A demonstrated ability to communicate well, work within a team and maintain good laboratory records are also expected.
- For Postdoctoral position applicants should have a PhD or equivalent in a relevant subject with the appropriate experience and track record.
- Applicant with a strong background on CRISPR, high-throughput technologies and molecular biology is encouraged to apply.
- He/she is intended to establish genetic and epigenetic inactivation of genes using CRISPR-Cas9 genome editing, locus-specific epigenetic modifications using dCas9 and CRISPRi in the animal models of pulmonary hypertension.
Apply online as PDF or word documents and submit the following:
- A cover letter briefly summarizing research interests and career goals
- CV with publications
- A list of 2 references
|Organization||Max Planck Institute for Heart and Lung Research|
|Subject areas||Life Science, Biology, Biotechnology, Genetics|
|Eligibility||Open to all nationalities|