Postdoctoral and PhD positions in Quantum Spectroscopy: exploring new states of matter out of equilibrium (QSpec-NewMat ERC project) at the Nano Bio Spectroscopy Group and ETSF Scientific Development Centre.
First Stage Researcher (R1)
Recognised Researcher (R2)
Established Researcher (R3)
Leading Researcher (R4)
APPLICATION DEADLINE: 31/12/2019
EU RESEARCH FRAMEWORK PROGRAMME: H2020
Applications are invited for postdoc and PhD positions link to a five-year project on the topic of Quantum Spectroscopy: exploring new states of matter out of equilibrium as part of an European Research Council Advanced grant (QSpec-NewMat ERC project).
The project will be conducted between the Theory Department of the Max Plank Institute for Structure and Dynamics of Matter in Hamburg and the NanoBio Spectroscopy Group and ETSF Scientific Development Centre in Spain.
- Candidates from Physics, Chemistry, and Materials Science both at student and postdoctoral level.
- D. students must hold a Masters Degree (diploma) requiring the completion of a master thesis or equivalent.
- Post-docs must hold a Ph.D. degree and are offered a position for 1 up to 3 years, dependent on qualification.
- A strong background in theoretical and computational chemistry, photochemistry or chemical physics is desirable.
- Previous experience using quantum mechanical methods and atomistic simulations and proficiency in scientific programming are essential.
Physics: Master Degree or equivalent
Chemistry: Master Degree or equivalent
The successful candidate will work on one (or more) of the following general topics linked to the QSpec-NewMat ERC project:
- QEDFT and open-quantum systems,
- QED and optimal control theory
- Fundamentals of TDDFT and many-body
- Time-resolved photoelectron/coherent spectroscopy
- Light induced topological phases in matter
Applications and further information inquiries should be addressed to Prof. Dr. Angel Rubio at (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Applications should include a letter of motivation, a curriculum vitae, a list of publications, a summary of past accomplishments, and the full contact details of two (02) referees (or letters of recommendation).
|Organization||Nano Bio Spectroscopy Group and ETSF Scientific Development Centre|
|Fellowship Level||Doctoral, Postdoctoral|
|Subject areas||Physics, Chemistry, and Materials Science|
|Eligibility||Open to all nationalities|