The Department of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Chemical Biology and Drug Discovery at Utrecht University are looking for an enthusiastic, communicative and highly motivated Postdoctoral Researcher with experience in bio-organic synthesis and quantitative microscopy. This 3-year project within this collaboration will focus on elucidating and optimizing the structure-activity relationship (SAR) of novel glycopeptide cryoprotectants. The first half of the project will start at UU with the development of a strategy for the efficient synthesis of a range of native and novel modified glycopeptides.
- Applicant must hold Master’s and PhD degree in an appropriate field (chemistry and/or molecular life sciences) and a record of relevant publications;
- Expertise in (physical) organic chemistry, chemical biology techniques, and microscopy;
- Strong communication and English language skills;
- The ability to think critically and creatively with a strong work ethic (organised, efficient and rigorous).
Apply online and include the following:
- Letter of motivation
- Curriculum Vitae
- The name, telephone number and email address of a reference.
|Subject areas||Chemistry, Molecular Life Sciences|
|Eligibility||Open to all nationalities|
|Deadline||6 December 2020|