The main goal of our group is to understand the molecular mechanisms of immunity in plants. We plan to systematically identify and characterize genes, proteins, small molecules, beneficial microbes that are important for defense against pathogens by using genomics, proteomics, and metabolomics approaches.
- We aim to elucidate the signaling networks involved in plant immunity by analyzing the expression patterns of defense-related genes and their post-transcriptional regulation, such as protein modification and the formation of complexes.
- Infection of plants is economically damaging to agricultural industries worldwide, and understanding the molecular basis of the natural disease resistance mechanisms that plants utilize would provide new strategies to combat the most damaging pathogens.
- The successful candidate will investigate how severe stress promotes cellular reprogramming in plant regeneration within the MEXT grant-in aid project
- “Molecularelucidation of plant-pathogeninteractions”
- He/she will identify key transcriptional regulators in stress-induced reprogramming and elucidate their functions using molecular, genetic and genomic approaches.
- The scheduled completion date of this project will be March 31, 2022.
- Postdoctoral Researcher: Carries out research and other work in accordance with lab’s research themes under the mentorship and training of supervisors.
- Candidates for Postdoctoral Researcher must have a doctor degree and experience of post-doctoral research for less than 5 years.
- Successful candidate is expected to speak and write English fluently, to have knowledge and expertise in one or more of the following areas: molecular biology, developmental biology, genomics, epigenomics, genetics, cell biology, plant physiology.
- It is required that the person can smoothly communicate with other collaborators in and out of our laboratory, and can cooperate with them.
HOW TO APPLY:
Prepare the documents below as PDF files and send them to the address in Contact Information below.
Riken centre for sustainable Resource Science
Plant Immunity Research group
Email: ken.shirasu@ riken.jp
For inquiries, please send an email.
|Type of position||Postdoctoral|
|Subject areas||Molecular biology, developmental biology, genomics, epigenomics, genetics, cell biology, plant physiology|
|Deadline||August 31, 2020|