The Department of Biosciences, Department of Computer Science and Institute of Biotechnology, at the University of Helsinki, invite applications for a 3-year Postdoctoral Position in Computational Genomics and Evolution
- Theory and methods for evolutionary prediction and control
- Algorithms for biomedical applications of Big Data
- Characterization of the emergence of drug resistance
- Applicant must have an extensive experience in genomic data analyses, machine learning and evolution.
- Applications are invited from exceptional candidates, with a quantitative background, from other fields.
- Applicant must have genuine interest in Biology and Evolution.
- Applicant must demonstrate strong programming skills and experience in working with large data sets.
- Applicant must hold PhD in a relevant subject area viz. Physics, Mathematics, Computer Science, Engineering, Statistics, Computational Biology, Bioinformatics, Genetics, Molecular Biology
- Applicant must have capabilities to develop novel quantitative models and read mathematical literature; experience in formulating statistical models and applying them to real data
- Applicant must possess full working proficiency in a scripting language (e.g. Python, R, Perl) and UNIX/Linux, and in a compiled language (e.g. C, C++) and cluster based computing.
- Applicant must have knowledge of genomics and molecular biology and proven record in problem solving, data analysis and generation of novel ideas
Applications to be submitted as a single pdf file which much includes:
- List of publications
- Copy of transcript records (MSc/PhD)
- Contact details of two references (MSc/PhD thesis supervisors)
- Cover letter with a description of research interests
|Organization||University of Helsinki|
Physics, Mathematics, Computer Science, Engineering, Statistics, Computational Biology, Bioinformatics, Genetics, Molecular Biology
|Fellowship amount||approximately 3 000-3 500 €/month (gross)|
|Eligibility||Open to all nationalities|