The Max Planck Institute for Solar System Research (MPS) invites applications for a Postdoctoral Position in helioseismology. The position is available in the Solar and Stellar Interiors Department starting as early as 1 October 2021 for a period of two years, with the possibility of an extension. The exact start date is negotiable.
About the research:
- Toroidal modes of oscillations in the inertial frequency range have recently been observed on the Sun.
- This project will consist of studying the excitation and damping mechanisms of these modes to explain their amplitudes and lifetimes.
- Applicants should have a PhD in Physics, Astrophysics, or a related field.
Application to be sent as a single PDF file to email@example.com with ”Modes2021″ in the subject line and include the following:
- Cover letter
- Curriculum vitae
- A full list of publications
- At least one letter of recommendation
|Organization||Max Planck Institute for Solar System Research (MPS)|
|Subject areas||Physics, Astrophysics|
|Eligibility||Open to all nationalities|
|Deadline||24 May 2021|