The Faculty of Pharmacy and Pharmaceutical Sciences at the University of Alberta invites applications for two (2) postdoctoral fellow positions in Antibody Engineering. The main purpose of this position is to develop human antibodies and bispecific antibodies for the therapeutic applications.
Key Requirements / Qualifications –
- PhD and extensive research experience in genetics, immunology, cancer immunology, protein/antibody engineering, gene therapy or related setting;
- Experience in monoclonal antibody production, vector engineering, and yield optimization is preferred
- Prior experience in the areas of molecular biology, protein engineering, murine and human antibody biology is required.
- Cell line development for monoclonal antibody production, including expression vector design, transfection, clone screening and selection;
- Knowledge in recombinant antibody and various cancers;
- qRT-PCR and antibody characterization;
- Quadroma cell Technology for the production of bispecific antibody:
- Proficient at Fluorescence-activated Cell Sorting (FACS);
- Work in Chinese Hamster Ovary (CHO) cells and phage display technology
How To Apply:
Applicants should send a cover letter stating their interests and qualifications, curriculum vitae, and names and contact information of three referees to:
Hoon Sunwoo, MSc, Ph.D.
3142H KATZ Centre for Pharmacy & Health Research
Edmonton, AB, T6G 2E1, Canada
Closing date: position open until filled.