We have an exciting opportunity in the Department of Chemical and Biological Engineering for a Research Associates who will work on a SUPERGEN funded project, on developing high throughput microwave-assisted routes to battery materials. Working with Professor Serena Corr in the Functional Nonmaterial’s group, you will contribute to a project involving the synthesis, characterisation and property measurement of battery materials.
- If you have a PhD (or are close to completion/have equivalent experience) in a relevant subject and specialist theoretical and practical knowledge of solid state chemistry and materials characterisation, then we would love to hear from you.
- The project will involve the use of microwave-heating methods to synthesis nanostructure cathode materials and solid state electrolytes, as well as their characterisation by X-ray diffraction, Li-ion battery assembly and testing. Relevant experience in any or all of these areas would be beneficial.
How to apply:
- To find out what makes the University of Sheffield a remarkable place to work, watch this short film:
- youtube.com/watch?v=7LblLk18zmo, and follow @sheffielduni and @ShefUniJobs on Twitter for more information.
- Apply now by clicking on the Apply button located near the top left of your screen
|Organization||University of Sheffield|
|Type of position||Postdoctoral|
|Subject areas||Chemical, Biological Engineering and material science|