We are seeking a full-time postdoctoral fellow in the Department of Civil & Environmental Engineering at the University of Alberta, to lead a research project with National Research Council Canada to gather, organize, and synthesize data on transportation operations in Canada’s Northwest Territories and Nunavut.
The qualifications for this position are:
- PhD and related experience in engineering, natural sciences, and/or social sciences.
- Demonstrated scholarly ability through publications in peer-reviewed journals and presentations at scientific meetings and conferences.
- Data analysis skills (including dataset screening and cleaning, descriptive statistics, and data management). This includes comfort handling many large and diverse datasets.
- Experience with Geographic Information Systems (GIS) is an asset but not required; however, the successful candidate is expected to learn and use it extensively.
- Preference will be given to candidates with experience working in or with remote communities, Inuit communities, and/or the territorial north.
About the position:
- The transportation system in Canada’s territorial north is sparse, covers immense distances, and is highly seasonal and multimodal. Climate change has created many significant challenges for transportation infrastructure and operations.
- Overall, we have much less information and data about the system, making infrastructure investment decisions and planning highly challenging.
- The successful candidate will have strong coordination skills to work directly with researchers (including professors, postdoctoral fellows, graduate students, and undergraduate students), government partners, private operators, and others in successfully leading this initiative.
- Responsibilities will include defining and delivering on timelines (including searching out transportation data from various sources
How to apply:
- lease send a cover letter, CV, and names and contact information of 2-3 references to the email address below.
- These should describe your background, research interests, motivation in seeking this position, and relevant qualifications/experience.
- I also welcome any questions you may have and can also provide more details on the position.
- Amy Kim, Ph.D., P.Eng., Associate Professor Dept. of Civil & Environmental Engineering,University of Alberta email@example.com
|Organization||University of Albertaw|
|Type of position||Postdoctoral|
|Subject areas||Civil & Environmental Engineering|