The Faculty of Medicine, Department of Clinical Medicine at Aalborg University has a position as Postdoc in data science, appointment from 1 November 2020, or soon hereafter. The position is available for a period of 3 years, with the possibility of extension for one year.
About the position:
- Establishment of an integrative data lake in a super computing environment where the obtained data of PREDICT can successively be integrated.
- Participation in the development of predictive algorithms for personalized medicine in inflammatory bowel disease, based on the integrated data.
- Development of a scalable, national, web-based platform for personalized medicine in inflammatory bowel disease.
- Applicant must hold PhD in Data Science, Computer Science, or a closely related field.
- Experience with SQL databases and modern data base technologies such as Hadoop and graph data bases; data management of heterogeneous datasets; in programming e.g. C++, Python, or R.
- Knowledge of back- and front-end web development.
- Experience with biostatistics and bioinformatics is a plus.
- Applicant must possess excellent writing and communication skills in English with good scientific vocabulary.
Apply online and the application must contain the following:
- A motivated text wherein the reasons for applying, qualifications in relation to the position, and intentions and visions for the position are stated.
- Current CV
- Copies of relevant diplomas (Master of Science and PhD).
- Scientific qualifications. A complete list of publications must be attached with an indication of the works the applicant wishes to be considered (attach up to 5 publications).
- Dissemination qualifications, including participation on committees or boards, participation in organisations and the like.
- Additional qualifications in relation to the position. References/recommendations.
- Personal data.
|Subject areas||Computer Science, Data Science|
|Eligibility||Open to all nationalities|