The Institute of Geophysics, Faculty of Physics at University Of Warsaw is inviting applications for a full-time postdoctoral position. The position is available in cloud-modelling group. The post holder is expected to join the team for 18 months (possible extension up to 24 months).
About the position:
- The successful candidate will join our Research Group Microphysics of Clouds working on the project entitled “Turbulent dynamics and microphysics in a Stochastic Lagrangian Cloud Model”
- The project and the position is fully funded by the Polish National Science Centre (NCN).
- There are no constraints as to the nationality of the applicant, although there are no relocation or home-travel funds offered.
- The candidate should be ready to start on October 1, 2019.
- PhD in science or engineering,
- good background in physics or in earth and environmental sciences (atmospheric physics, computational atmospheric science),
- interdisciplinary experience in turbulence modelling will be appreciated,
- good skills in programming; experience in co-operative programming, knowledge of C++ and Python,
- good knowledge in programming on GPU
Candidates should submit their applications to the Secretariat of the Institute of Geophysics, Faculty of Physics, University of Warsaw, Pasteura 5, 02-093 Warszawa, room B4.41, e-mail: Sekretariat.IGF@fuw.edu.pl including:
- Application for the position.
- CV with contact information.
- List of research publications, including number of citations according to the Web of Science database and short description of three most important achievements.
- Detailed information on candidate’s scientific career.
- Copy of PhD diploma or a formal confirmation of PhD degree (required at the time of employment).
- Contact information to at least two scientists who can provide opinions on the candidate.
- A filled-in form: Personal questionnaire for the person applying for employment
|Organization||University Of Warsaw|
|Subject areas||Physical Sciences, Earth Sciences, Environmental Sciences|
|Eligibility||Open to all nationalities|
|Deadline||31 July 2019|