The Natural History Museum (NHM), University of Oslo has a Postdoctoral Research fellow position in museomics/ancient DNA analyses. The position is part of the research group ‘Frontiers in Evolutionary Zoology (FEZ)’. The appointment is a fulltime position and is made for a period of up to four years commencing no later than 31.08.2020.
- Applicant must hold degree equivalent to a Norwegian doctoral degree in Biology or equivalent.
- For candidates not having finished their doctoral degree the doctoral dissertation must be submitted for evaluation by the closing date of the call. An appointment is dependent on the defense of the doctoral thesis being approved
- Applicant must have strong academic track record and strong background and practical experience in cutting edge molecular DNA methodology
- Applicant must have experiences in bioinformatic analyses of big genomic data sets.
- Applicant must demonstrate team-working and networking skills.
- Applicant must possess fluency in English (written and spoken). Command of a Scandinavian language is an advantage
How to apply
Apply online and the application must include:
- An informative application/cover letter including a motivation statement for the position
- A separate statement explaining how this position fits the career plan and interests of the applicant (one-page)
- CV (summarizing education, positions and academic work, scientific publications and other relevant experience)
- Copies of educational certificates and transcripts of records
- List of publications and academic work
- Names and contact details of 2-3 references (name, affiliation, relation to candidate, e-mail and telephone number).
- Research sketch that illustrates the applicant’s prospect of research development in the field (one-page)
- PhD thesis (or equivalent) and potential publications and academic work (pdf file)
|Organization||University of Oslo (UiO)|
|Eligibility||Open to all nationalities|
|Deadline||15th January 2020|