The Department of Biology, Chemistry, Pharmacy, Institute of Biology-Plant Physiology at Free University of Berlin is inviting applications for a Postdoctoral position.
About the research:
- The research focus of the Plant Physiology group is on the analysis of signal transduction and implementation processes that control the adaptability of plants to the environment.
- The group is particularly interested in the importance of plastids, and especially the plastid antioxidative protection system, in regulation and signal transduction processes initiated by environmental parameters and their interconnection.
- The primary laboratory language is English. Some of the teaching is in German.
- Teaching and research
- Signal transduction analysis to adapt the chloroplastic protective systems and the wiring in the regulatory structure of the cell.
- Completed scientific university degree (diploma or master) in biology and doctorate.
- At least 3 years of research activity in the field of molecular plant physiology
- Teaching experience (supervision of student theses and bachelor and master course internships)
- very good knowledge of the biochemistry, genetics and physiology of plants, especially signal transduction
- extensive practical experience in molecular physiological work with Arabidopsis thaliana in the laboratory, as in silico
- experience in independent scientific work, publishing and presenting and statistical data analysis with R
- Fluent in spoken and written English and German (teaching and publication level)
- Applications with documents indicating identification in PDF format (preferably as a document) to be sent electronically to Prof. Dr. Margarete Baier at firstname.lastname@example.org.
|Organization||Free University of Berlin|
|Eligibility||Open to all nationalities|
|Deadline||3 February 2020|