The Max Planck Institute of Molecular Cell Biology and Genetics is offering a Postdoctoral Position in Protein Biochemistry.
About the position:
- The position is available in the group of Marino Zerial and the candidate to be highly-motivated with strong background in protein biochemistry to compliment a team of cell biologists with an emphasis on advanced imaging techniques and processing.
- Candidate will work in an interdisciplinary project that aims to study protein compartmentalization on the endosomal membrane using in vitro and in vivo techniques.
- These studies will provide important information on the structure-function relationship of endosomal proteins.
- The full-time position is available immediately for an initial period of 2 years with the possibility of extension.
- Candidate should have a doctoral degree and documented experience in protein expression, purification and characterization, plus at least 1 first-author publication.
- A background in membrane biology, structural biology or biophysics would be advantageous.
- Candidate should be able to interact with members of an interdisciplinary team of cell biologists, biochemists, computer scientists and clinicians, work in a competitive international environment and possess excellent communication and data presentation skills (English is working language at the MPI-CBG).
Submit complete online application including the names of three referees (Code 2021-PostDoc-Biochemistry-1040)
|Organization||Max Planck Institute of Molecular Cell Biology and Genetics|
|Subject areas||Biochemistry, Life Sciences|
|Eligibility||Open to all nationalities|
|Deadline||May 16th, 2021|