The Faculty of Economics and Social Sciences, Methods Center, working group of Prof. Dr. Augustin Kelava and Dr. Stefano Noventa at University of Tübingen is looking for highly skilled and motivated individuals to join the research group as Postdoctoral candidate in Psychometrics and Mathematical Psychology. The position is funded for 3 years.
About the position:
- The position is to investigate the generalization of the fundamental assumption of Local Stochastic Independence by means of the integration of methods from Item Response Theory (IRT) and Knowledge Space Theory (KST).
- The DFG funded project aims at investigating whether an integrated KST-IRT approach can be used to formally systematize and investigate the different forms of local dependence and the different – and often unlinked – approaches that can be found in the Psychometrics and Mathematical Psychology literature.
- From an applied perspective, the project aims at implementing estimation procedures for the KST-IRT models in the open source R framework.
- Applicant must hold PhD in Psychometrics, Mathematical Psychology or a related Statistical, Mathematical, and Social and Behavioural Sciences field.
- Publications in peer-reviewed journals.
- Highly skilled in at least IRT or KST techniques, preferably both.
- Strong familiarity with R programming language is needed, knowledge about package creation and development is a plus.
- Strong command of English.
Apply as a single pdf document in English including cover letter, academic CV, copies of degrees and transcripts with translations if applicable, and contact information for at least two references electronically to Dr. Stefano Noventa at the secretariat of the Methods Center (email@example.com).
|Organization||University of Tübingen|
|Subject areas||Psychometrics, Mathematical Psychology|
|Eligibility||Open to all nationalities|
|Deadline||January 31, 2021|