The Max Planck Institute for Biogeochemistry is looking for a Postdoc in Soil Biogeochemistry (m/f/d) in full time, limited in time 31.10.2023.
About the position:
- The department of Biogeochemical Integration at the MPI for Biogeochemistry conducts research to better understand the manifold interactions between terrestrial biogeochemistry and climate.
- One focus is on the dynamics of soil organic matter. To further advance the integration of observations and modelling, and in particular, our understanding of interdependencies between microbial activity and soil carbon storage, we are now looking for a Postdoctoral researcher (m/f/d) in Soil Biogeochemistry.
- Tasks involved are: identification of indicators of soil microbial activity relevant for SOM storage and turnover; data collection, from existing databases, literature, and possibly newly collected or archived soil samples; meta-analyses of obtained data, including the option of applying them for comparing and testing of different formulations of soil models that we develop in-house.
- Applicant must be highly motivated scientists with a background in soil carbon and microbial activity.
- Applicant should have a PhD in Soil Biogeochemistry or a related discipline, e.g. environmental or soil sciences, geo-ecology, or physical geography.
- General interest and experience with soil sampling, data collection, database management and advanced statistics is useful and desired.
Apply electronically to Dr. Marion Schrumpf either via email to email@example.com and application should include a letter of interest, CV, and the names and contact information of one or two references.
|Organization||Max Planck Institute for Biogeochemistry|
Soil Biogeochemistry, Environmental or Soil Sciences, Geo-ecology, Physical Geography
|Eligibility||Open to all nationalities|
|Deadline||August 30 2020|