The research group Global and Regional Land Use Change, Department of Environmental Sciences at the University of Basel invites applications for a Postdoctoral position. The research focuses on the analysis of impacts of different drivers and policies on land use change. The prime goal of the position is to contribute to a better understanding of impacts of global change and different policies on land use. The position includes four hours of teaching per week in Bachelor or Master Courses in Geography. The position is funded for two years with the possibility of an extension
- Applications are open to motivated, enthusiastic and ambitious candidates with a PhD in Agricultural Economics, Environmental Economics, Geography or a closely related field.
- Candidates should have an interest in research in the field of global and/or regional land use change.
- Experience in numerical modelling (using e.g. GAMS or MATLAB) is required.
- Knowledge of CGE or PE modelling is of advantage.
- Excellent written and spoken communication skills in English are required, knowledge of German is an asset.
- The ability to work in teams is essential.
Submit complete application documents, including a one-page letter stating motivation, experience and skills, a CV and contact details of at least two academic references via the online recruiting platform.
|Organization||University of Basel|
|Subject areas||Agricultural Economics, Environmental Economics, Geography|
|Eligibility||Open to all nationalities|
|Deadline||Review of applications starts January 13th, 2021, but the position remains open until filled.|