There are currently two open positions are available for motivated postdoctoral researchers in Chemistry, Materials Science or related area to conduct state-of-the-art research in recently established Laboratory for Advanced Materials (LAM) at Comenius University (CU) in Bratislava, Slovakia. LAM is a European Union and CU co-funded facility with focus on development, characterization and application of novel materials including, inorganic and organic nanostructures, complex assemblies and clusters, narrow-bandgap perovskites, etc.
Position 1: Inorganic Nanocrystals Synthesis. Desired skills:
- Strong background in chemical synthesis of semiconductor inorganic nanocrystals, particularly metal chalcogenides (e.g., CdS, CdSe, ZnS) and metal oxides (e.g., ZnO, TiO2), core-shell structures, multi-layer assemblies, giant quantum dots, quantum rods, and similar structures.
- Experience with structural (particularly TEM) and electronic characterization (particularly, emission spectroscopy, quantum yields, lifetimes) of semiconductor nanocrystals
- Experience with studies of catalytic and/or photocatalytic chemical reactions
- Ability to synthesize and characterize nanostructures independently
- Experience with performing quantitative photochemical studies is a plus, but it is not essential
Position 2: Organic Synthesis. Desired skills:
- Strong background in organic chemical synthesis particularly with organic oxidative condensations and/or PAHs synthesis (including purification and product separation)
- Strong background in structural characterization of organic compounds using several of the following techniques: NMR, MALDI-MS, FTIR, GPC, Raman Spectroscopy
- Experience with electrochemistry, UVVIS absorption and emission spectroscopy
- Ability to execute complex, multistep organic syntheses and product characterization independently
- Experience with fabrication of devices (e.g., Dye Sensitized Solar Cells, OLEDs) using organic/organometallic compounds materials is beneficial, but not essential
Where You Will Work.
By joining LAM, you will be participating in multidisciplinary research including theory, materials synthesis, characterization and development of applications. You will have an opportunity to interact/collaborate with researchers from the Comenius University, Slovak Technical University and Slovak academy of Sciences as well as other research teams within the EU and US.
Located in Bratislava, capital of Slovakia, Comenius University is the premier Slovak university. LAM is located on the campus of Comenius University in the recently constructed Comenius University Science Park https://cusp.uniba.sk/en/.
- Comenius University is an equal opportunity employer.
- All employment practices are based on qualification and merit, without regards to race, color, national origin, ancestry, religion, age, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation or preference, marital status or spousal affiliation.
Compensation. The financial compensation/salary will be at the EU level, depending on experience.
How to apply
If you are interested in any of the positions, please contact Milan Sykora (firstname.lastname@example.org) directly about this position.
Send your resume along with a cover letter.
The candidates for both positions must:
- Be fluent in English (written and spoken)
- Have completed PhD in a relevant area of science or engineering.
- Have demonstrated record of scientific research achievement (through publications, citations, and presentations) in one or more areas mentioned above.
Laboratory for Advanced Materials, Faculty of Natural Sciences, Comenius University in Bratislava, Slovakia