Postdoc in Protein Chemistry: Department of Food Science is offering a postdoc position for a period of 2 years commencing 1st November 2017 or as soon as possible thereafter.
Research project ‘Second generation functional protein ingredients developed with gentle manufacturing tools’ with collaboration with Arla Foods Ingredients, Novozymes, and University of Southern Denmark.
Aim / Tasks involved: The aim of the project is to develop
- New functional protein ingredients with improved nutritional value, functionality, and flavour.
- Use of light exposure with specific wavelengths to form new functional protein aggregates and characterization of the induced chemical changes and cross-links by different techniques such as UPLC/HPLC and high resolution mass spectrometry.
- Mass spectrometry experiments will be performed at Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, University of Southern Denmark
Requirements / Qualifications: The ideal candidate has the following skills:
- Expertise in protein chemistry, preferably milk proteins.
- Analytical chemistry, especially expertise in chromatographic, electrophoretic and spectroscopic techniques, including mass spectrometry.
- (Photo)Oxidation and cross-linking of proteins.
- Preferably a degree in chemistry, biochemistry or an equivalent.
- Moreover, good interpersonal and communicative skills required for team work across disciplines and with industry partners are necessary, ability to work independently and deliver on project activities within deadlines.
Further Information: Inquiries about the position can be made to associate professor Marianne N. Lund, E-mail: email@example.com,
The position is covered by the Memorandum on Job Structure for Academic Staff.
Terms of appointment and payment accord to the agreement between the Ministry of Finance and The Danish Confederation of Professional Associations on Academics in the State.
- Cover letter describing your motivation for the position
- Curriculum vitae
- Diplomas and transcripts of grades (Master and PhD degree or equivalent)
- Complete publication list
- Separate reprints of 3 particularly relevant papers
Deadline: The application deadline is 1st October 2017.
|Organization||University of Copenhagen|
|Subject areas||Chemistry, Biochemistry, Protein Chemistry|
|Deadline||1st October 2017|