Postdoctoral / Research Associate – Bioactive Peptides at the ALES – Department of Agricultural, Food and Nutritional Science General at the University of Alberta.
Reference / Competition No.: A108143342
The selected Research Associate will be working in the laboratory of Principal Investigator (PI) Dr. Jianping Wu in the Department of Agricultural, Food, and Nutritional Science to advance the Bioactive Peptide Research program.
Research Theme: The position aims to understand the potential of food protein-derived bioactive peptides on chronic disease prevention and their mechanisms of action. The incumbent will work to demonstrate the potential uses of bioactive peptides as natural health products and functional foods for the prevention and treatment of chronic diseases.
- Develops and performs lab experiments, troubleshoots experimental protocols, and adjusts methodology to attain desired results
- Contributes to the research program by investigating, and establishing new methods and experiments for program advancement
- Data analysis and prepares research project reports
- Writes the first draft of manuscripts
- Provides assistance with grant application preparation
- Prepares abstracts, research reports, and presentations under the direction of the PI
- Present research results at laboratory meetings, scientific conferences, and other related events
- Provides guidance of research personnel, including summer students, graduate students, postdoc fellows, and visiting scientists
- Maintains laboratory instruments
- Ph.D. degree in Biochemistry, Nutrition, Physiology, Food Science, or any other related fields
- High-level research abilities in experimental design, data analysis, and troubleshooting
- deep knowledge in biochemistry, molecular biology, protein chemistry that could be applied for molecular mechanistic study of bioactive peptides mainly in cells and animals
- Broad research knowledge in animal and cell models of metabolic syndrome and/or bone diseases
- Experience with animal study, cell tissue culture, protein and gene extraction, immune-blotting, and PCR assays
- Ability to collaborate and work in a team
- Strong English verbal and written skills for effective presentation and manuscript preparation
- Excellent interpersonal skills
Duration: This full-time position has a term length of two years and offers a comprehensive benefits package and an annual salary of $ 58,210.
Application Procedure: The application is to be made online (see the link below).
Deadline: Will remain open until filled.
|Organization||University of Alberta|
|Subject Area||Biochemistry, Nutrition, Physiology, Food Science, or any other related fields|
|Fellowship Amount||An annual salary of $ 58,210|
|Eligibility||Open for all nationalities|
|Deadline||Open until filled|