Postdoctoral / Research Fellow_Coupled Modelling at the Australian National University
Reference/Job no: 542141
Fellowship/Salary package: $74,775 – $115,428 per annum, plus 17% superannuation
Duration/Term: Full time, Continuing (Contingent Funded), until 31 December 2024
The ANU Research School of Earth Sciences (RSES) is Australia’s leading academic research institution for Earth sciences, home to the largest concentration of Earth scientists in Australia and ranked 23rd in the world for Earth and Marine Sciences.
This position is fully funded by the Centre of Excellence for Climate Extremes (CLEX). The successful candidate will contribute to and benefit from being a part of the CLEX community.
Requirements / Qualifications
- A PhD (or awarding of a PhD within 06 months of appointment commencement for appointments at level A) in the field of climate science, physical oceanography, geophysical fluid dynamics, or another relevant field, such as physics or mathematics.
- Achievement in a research field related to modelling the coupled ocean-atmosphere system and/or the ocean circulation.
- Proven experience in analysing output from numerical models of the climate system, with high-level expertise in programming and High-Performance Computing.
- Ability to supervise high-quality PhD/Masters research students and research support staff.
In order to apply for his role, please make sure that you upload the following documents:
- A statement addressing the selection criteria.
- A current curriculum vitae (CV) includes the names and contact details of at least three referees (preferably including a current or previous supervisor).
Applications close: 07 Oct 2021
|Organization||Australian National University|
|Subject areas||Climate Science, Physical Oceanography, Geophysical Fluid Dynamics|
|Eligibility||Open to all nationalities|
|Deadline||07 Oct 2021|