The Faculty of Engineering, Architecture & Info Tech, School of Information Technology and Electrical Engineering at University of Queensland (UQ)is inviting applications for a Postdoctoral Research Fellow.
About the position:
- The successful applicant will actively contribute to innovative research solutions and developments in a cross-disciplinary area addressing privacy, environmental, and social issues with the state-of-the-art data analysis and artificial intelligence techniques.
- The successful candidate will closely collaborate with the Life Course Centre to develop, evaluate, and improve privacy-preserving and energy-efficient machine learning techniques for personalized and community-based solutions to identify social disadvantages and optimize the equalizing effects.
- Applicant should possess a PhD (completed or near-completion) in Computer Science.
- Applicants need to show substantial ability to develop machine learning and deep learning methods for real-world problems associated with social computing, time-series analysis, knowledge graphs, personalization, and predictive analytics.
- Demonstrated statistical analysis, as well as manuscript and research proposal preparation skills; a solid track record of refereed research publications in data mining, machine learning and artificial intelligence is also required.
- Quantitative training and exposure regarding research on social disadvantages, fairness, welfare, etc. are highly desirable, especially from machine learning and artificial intelligence perspectives.
Duration: Full-time; fixed term position for up to three years
Apply online and applicants must supply the following documents:
- Cover letter
|Organization||University of Queensland (UQ)|
|Subject areas||Computer Science|
|Eligibility||Open to all nationalities|
|Deadline||14 Feb 2020|