The Asfaha Laboratory at Western University has open position for a Postdoctoral Researcher to start immediately. The position is available in a project which focuses on the identification and characterization of intestinal stem cells that serve as the cellular origin of colorectal cancer, and regeneration in Inflammatory Bowel Disease (IBD).
About the research:
- Research will utilize tissues from novel transgenic mouse models and living human intestine, and involve a broad range of cellular, molecular, imaging and in vivo investigations.
- The candidate will have a background in Cell and Molecular Biology, and Physiology, as well as, a record of scientific publications.
- Previous experience with cell culture, cloning, animal work and histopathology are all preferred.
- Successful candidates would be highly motivated and have a good degree of independence.
- Applicant must hold PhD in a relevant discipline i.e. Cell & Molecular Biology, Biochemistry or Genetics.
- A strong understanding of research design, research methodology and data analysis;
- Research experience with transgenic models and molecular cloning preferred
- Technical experience in immunology and preferred
- Advanced knowledge of statistical software packages;
- Excellent oral communication and technical writing skills;
- Experience in preparation and publication of manuscripts;
- Excellent computer skills (e.g., Microsoft Office, Reference Manager, EndNote, SPSS);
- Ability to take guided initiative and to work in an organized fashion within a fast-paced research environment, including flexibility in shifting between independent and collaborative work;
- Demonstrated collegiality, professionalism and interpersonal skills.
Application to be sent via email to firstname.lastname@example.org including a one-page description of research experience and interests, an updated CV, and names & contact information of three referees.
* Applications will be reviewed as received until the position is filled.
|Subject areas||Cell & Molecular Biology, Biochemistry, Genetics|
|Eligibility||Open to all nationalities|
|Deadline||31 March 2020|
- Total Jobs 4 Jobs
- Address Canada