The Hylleraas Centre for Quantum Molecular Sciences, Department of Chemistry at the Faculty of Mathematics and Natural Sciences at University of Oslo (UiO) has two open positions as Postdoctoral Research fellow.
About the position:
- A postdoctoral position is open in the project Magnetic Chemistry, where we study the chemistry of molecules in a magnetic field both theoretically and computationally, using the methods of quantum chemistry.
- The task of the postdoc will be the development, implementation, and application of computational methods for studying molecular structure and dynamics of polyatomic molecules in magnetic fields, including geometry optimization and molecular dynamics, building on existing software in the group.
Duration: The two fellowships are for a period of up to 2 and 3 years.
Starting date: as soon as possible
- Applicants must hold a PhD in a discipline pertinent to the proposed research. This includes Theoretical Chemistry, Computational Chemistry, Physical Chemistry, Computational Physics, Condensed Matter Physics, Computer Sciences and Engineering, and related topics.
- Doctoral dissertation must be submitted for evaluation by the closing date.
How to apply:
Apply online and enclose the following documentation together with the application:
- Cover letter with a statement of motivation and research interests
- CV (summarizing education, positions and academic work – scientific publications)
- Copies of educational certificates, transcript of records and letters of recommendation
- List of publications and academic work that the applicant wishes to be considered by the evaluation committee
- Names and contact details of 2-3 references (name, relation to the candidate, e-mail and telephone number)
|Organization||University of Oslo (UiO)|
Theoretical Chemistry, Computational Chemistry, Physical Chemistry, Computational Physics, Condensed Matter Physics, Computer Sciences and Engineering
|Eligibility||Open to all nationalities|
|Deadline||15th December 2019|